1

im-age ar´chae-ol´o-gy™, [im-ij] [ahr-kee-ol-uh-jee], n. 1. The systematic recovery by artistic methods of imagery within the ground of a painting. 2. A dig into the surface ground with the butt of a paintbrush to imprint an image. 3. The space between the figure and the ground from which emerges a skeletal impression of an image. 4. A constant searching for the middle ground through the application of paint and projected thought that culminated into a work of art.

Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

3 Gourds, 6" x 6", oil on canvas

These three gourds were so wonderful to paint today. I set them up next to my table and they were at the perfect height for looking down at them. The small green one in the rear is my favorite. My hubby has been suffering with a herniated disc, so painting is interesting these days. There are a lot of stops and starts as always in my day, but it seems to not change my rhythm as I find myself thinking about my work when I am away from it and what colors are needed. Painting is the type of work that one needs to be a good decision maker-I have decided. You have to build from the bottom up and that requires planned decisions.

1 comment:

  1. I love the color contrast between the shadow and the surface (cloth?)

    ReplyDelete