1

im-age ar´chae-ol´o-gy™, [im-ij] [ahr-kee-ol-uh-jee], n. 1. The systematic recovery by artistic methods of imagery within the ground of a painting. 2. A dig into the surface ground with the butt of a paintbrush to imprint an image. 3. The space between the figure and the ground from which emerges a skeletal impression of an image. 4. A constant searching for the middle ground through the application of paint and projected thought that culminated into a work of art.

Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I Am Free

Journal Cover
Today I am posting a picture of my journal "Thoughts to Think About".  I began the journal in the spring of 77.  I was sixteen.  Obviously I am not Robert Frost, but it is fun to look at these corny old thoughts and use them as inspiration for my next series of work.

Flash forward 38 years.  I am so glad I saved this journal of "angst".  As I read through the pages I laugh and giggle at my thoughts of youth.  I will be sharing some of these thoughts, poems and lines in the coming months as the series "Thoughts to Think About" unfolds.

At the end of this first entry I write, "I am free".  What a wonderful insight.  To feel free.  What a beautiful memory of that time period when the world was ahead of me.  It reminds me of the song that came out that following year by STYX--"Come Sail Away with Me".  I was almost free and getting ready to launch into adulthood. What a great feeling to be free.

My next painting in this series will be..."I am Free".

#free#freedom##thoughts to think about



No comments:

Post a Comment